Smile - Nongmangkha Mana (Dry) - 10 gm
Sale Sold out
Regular price Rs. 70.00
Regular priceUnit price per
- The packet is lightweight as it contains dried vegetables.
- The quantity will expand significantly when soaked in water.
Nongmangkha: Nature's Health Elixir
- Nongmangkha, the vibrant orange flowering shrub known as Phlogacanthus thyrsiformis. Native to Manipur and cherished for its remarkable healing properties, Nongmangkha has become a local hero during these uncertain times.
- Both the flowers and leaves of Nongmangkha are edible and play a crucial role in local cuisine. With antibacterial and antipyretic qualities, it's often used to alleviate colds, coughs, and fevers. Locals have turned to this indigenous herb as a home remedy to address symptoms similar to those caused by COVID-19, making it a trusted ally in health.
- In addition to its medicinal value, Nongmangkha finds its way into various dishes. The raw leaves are enjoyed as a salad, offering a pleasant bitterness. They can also be ground into chutneys, enhancing the flavor of rice and other dishes. The flowers make delightful additions to salads or can be battered and fried for a unique crunch.
- Nongmangkha holds a special place in Manipur's culinary heritage. It's a reminder of the age-old tradition of using natural remedies and herbal foods to maintain well-being. Whether you sip it in a tea blend or incorporate it into your meals, Nongmangkha is your gateway to health and flavor.